Do you have a book, course, or expertise that could be made into an information product?
What Is An Information Product
In information product is something that could be packaged and sold as on online digital program or sold as a physical product such as DVDS, CDs, USB drive, and/or a program binder.
Some information products are delivered using a combination of text, images, and video.
An information product could be a course presented in part using webinars.
Could your information product be a workshop or presentation to deliver in person. Or sold at the end of speaking engagements?
The program could be as simple as a short course to teach and simple skill. Or it could be an elaborate course requiring months to complete.
The best information products can be packaged in various ways and sold at various price levels. For example, Free, Bronze, Silver, Gold, and Platinum.
The information product can also be supported by professional coaching or training sessions.
Where To Start
The first version of an information product can be quite simple. Do you have something you teach or other service that could be put into some sort of package?
An eBook is a good place to start. The book can help establish you as an expert in your field.
How Do You Know There Is A Market?
If you have already been teaching or presenting the content, you probably already have an idea.
You can also do a pre-launch. For example, you could create a campaign in advance announcing that the program is coming and offering the eBook or an excerpt as incentive for people to sign up to your mailing list.
Some marketers will test the waters by doing a short campaign to to get people to sign up before developing the full product. If no one seems interested, then maybe it is not worth developing the product.
If there is strong interest, then they dedicate their efforts into developing and marketing the information product as quickly as possible. Many products can be released incrementally. For example, a course in writing that has seven modules could be released one module at a time.
The ideal is still to have the complete program available for purchase at the start of the marketing campaign.
Developing The Information Product
We can help you develop an information product in various ways:
- Assess the potential of your expertise to create an information product that will help people and generate sales.
- Plan and implement the product. We offer copywriting, editing, video, audio recording, and more to develop the product. We can help bring in specialists as needed.
Marketing Your Information Product
The willingness to market the program is the key to success.
We can help plan and implement a marketing strategy:
Some of the tools include:
- Website dedicated to the product.
- Mailing lists.
- Landing pages to grow the list.
- Free newsletter to provide value and keep you top of mind to potential customers. You are playing the long game here.
- Landing pages to sell the product.
- Sequences to help sell and upsell the information product.
- Video excerpts and video sales letters.
- Social media strategies and campaigns.
- Press releases as appropriate.
- Content copy with proof value of the offering.
- Personal appearances and speaking engagements as appropriate.
- Other direct response advertising.
Sound daunting? We can do all of that for you.
Delivering the Information Product
We can help deliver the program in various formats, including:
- Online delivery as a membership site.
- Digital download.
- DVDs, CDs, or USB Drive.
- Binder packages.
Partnering and Freelance Services
There are various ways we work with clients. One approach is to become and partner with you to develop, market, and sell one or more information products with you. We do a lot of work and share the profits 50-50.
We provide the development, presentation, and marketing purely on a freelance basis where you pay a retainer for service rendered.
A hybrid approach may also work, where you pay a retainer for specific services and also split the revenue according to an agreed percentage.
If we help your product make hundreds of thousands of dollars, we want to share that in a win-win arrangement.
Are You A Good Fit For Us?
Here are some factors we are looking for in a information product partner.
- You have an expertise that could be made into a marketable information product. Do people need and want it?
- You are willing to contribute content and time to develop the product, including doing some video sessions.
- You have a list of contacts and social media following that you are willing to use as a start to building a list.
- You are willing to do personal appearances and interviews to promote yourself and the product.
- You don’t think ‘marketing’ is a dirty word.
Is that you?
Please contact us to have a preliminary discussion about the potential.