We are in the process of building two online courses, also known as information products. The courses and sales funnels are being built in Kartra.
When ready to launch, the marketing plan looks like this:
- Generate awareness and interest in the online courses.
- Build lists of interested people.
- Offer bonuses and gifts to entice people to try the products.
- Make irresistible offers.
- Build a website that has information about the author, workshops, online courses, and personal coaching available.
- Have clear Call To Action statements, buttons, and links for signing up for a free newsletter and notices about product releases and new blog posts.
- Have pages and purchase buttons for each offering.
- Use sales funnels where appropriate.
- Post blog posts regularly using content from the information products. The strategy is intended to:
- Demonstrate value by providing useful information.
- Provide a place to receive organic traffic through Search Engines.
- Present a Call To Action (join mailing list, purchase product, sign up for a workshop, …)
- Post entries on social media pages such as Facebook, Pinterest, Google+, LinkedIn, and others to do the following at various times:
- Announce the website
- Provide links to blog posts that followers may be interested in. The strategy is to give information of value even if most people will not end up being customers.
- Provide launch and product information as appropriate
- Send out emails to our people on our personal contact lists to announce the site and encourage them to sign up for the free newsletter. These notes are best made as personal as possible and short.
- Send regular newsletter to mailing list subscribers. These are likely to contain brief summaries and links to recent blog posts as well as news about product offerings. Again, we want to provide valued information and not simple a sales pitch if we want people to continue opening the messages. We are playing the long game.
- Have links to specific landing pages on each book, bookmark, business card, and handout given out at special events and speaking engagements.
- Issue press releases.
- Look for speaking engagements.
- Use direct response marketing (postcards, shock and awe gift packs).
- Be available for interviews.
Leave No Stone Unturned
Consider all means of getting the word out about the products and services. There are 1.8 Billion websites and growing by the second, so it is not easy to get noticed in the noise.
Our first project under construction is Romance Your Writer Within by Dr. Melba Burns. There will be an online course based on her book and classes, and information about classes and personal coaching with Dr. Melba Burns.
Do you have a book or program that would make a good online course?