Your business location is doing well, but there is room for business growth?
Could the appearance of your shop from the street and sidewalk be leaving money on the table?
Self Assessment Walk Through Exercise
Here is something you can do in a few minutes to assess how your business is seen by the public.
Put yourself in the shoes of a potential customer and do the following.
- Drive towards the business.
- Can you see where the store is easily?
- Is there a sign?
- Does it look shabby, suggesting a neglected business?
- Does the sign communicate the products and services offered?
- Are you compelled to stop? Or drive on to the next business?
- Park in front of the business:
- What does the front of the business look like?
- Does it look professional or shabby?
- Does it look dark and possible closed or out of business?
- Is there and OPEN sign?
- Is there any information about services or specials visible from the sidewalk?
- Do you feel welcome to enter?
- Walk into the business.
- What is your first impression?
- Does the staff look welcoming?
- Is the signage helpful?
- Are the displays attractive?
- Is this a business you would want to use for yourself?
How Did Your Business Do?
There is always room for improvement and small changes can make a difference.
Here are some common issues that we saw in Texas:
- Broken or non-functioning signs.
West Texas is especially hard on signs.
- Businesses that have outgrown their signs.
Valley Pecan on US-287 had some cute hand-painted signs that were funny, but we were quite surprised to find a very fine selection of fudge, wine, art, gifts, and a great deli in addition to the nuts.
The signs outside did not reflect the quality inside. The business may have started as a temporary market-stand and grew from there. We would recommend a nice static sign with their logo and a video message board to communicate the depth and quality of their offerings to the tens of thousands of cars driving by on US-287.
- Dark storefronts.
Texas and other southern areas get very hot in the summer and shops often have dark tinted glass. For some businesses the only way you could tell if the shop was open was to try opening the door. In the very least a bright lighted OPEN sign would help. A scrolling LED message board or LED video sign placed in the window can announce to the world that you are open for business and special offers can entice people to enter.
Free Sign For A Day Program
We are headed back to Vancouver, British Columbia for March. We are accepting applications for a few business to try a LED message board or a LED video message board for a day, free of charge. Here is what it would look like:
We do a preliminary free assessment of your public visibility and make some recommendations.
If it looks like a sign could help bring in business, we will work with you to do a one day trial and track the results.
We will discuss what the messages and offers will look like.
We will program the sign and show you how to program it yourself.
We will set up a draw for a free gift basket to encourage customers to fill out a short survey card with a few questions to see if they came in because of the sign. Also we ask for an email address to add to your mailing list. If you don’t have a mailing list, we will help you start one.
We will work with your team to do a coordinated promotion with your website and social media platforms. If you have a limited online presence, we will do some promotion for you and recommend digital marketing strategies for the future.
What is the Catch? What is in it For Us?
We would like to be a long term service provider for your business.
We fully expect that the sign trial will result in a measurable increase in business and you will want to keep the sign. At that point we will discuss the prices for the optimal sign for your business. We use a supplier in California and will charge their published prices, not an inflated price.
Earned testimonials and referrals greatly appreciated.
We also offer related services on a freelance or retainer basis. For example, you could retain us to help with any of the following:
- A more comprehensive strategy for outdoor signage.
- Programming of the signs. We can design the presentation for the video LED signs remotely and can send the program for uploading to the sign.
- We can provide copy suggestions to your staff to program the signs and coordinate with other marketing actions.
- We can work with you to improve indoor signage and merchandising.
- We can work with you to help expand your online presence including websites, blog post, social media, sales funnels, and direct response campaigns.
You don’t make money to buy a sign, you buy a sign to make money.
There are many studies available to confirm that a good sign can increase business immediately. We are offering the one day free trial so you can measure it for your business.
The general strategy with advertising is that if you can spend a dollar to make two, your keep scaling up until either:
- Sales stop scaling.
Each additional dollar spent does not result in increased revenue.
- Demand exceeds capacity.
There is no point in spending money attracting customers that you cannot properly serve.
The good new is that if you find a strategy that works, you can control how fast you scale your business growth by how much investment you put in each month. That way to you can ramp up your business at a rate that is comfortable for you.
Interested in a Free Trial?
Please contact us to discuss your business goals and a Free Sign For A Day session.